What is it? Chalkcloth is a vinyl that is just like a chalk board - meaning you can write on it with chalk, wipe it clean over and over again!
We sell chalk cloth in two sizes small (24cm x 50cm) and Large which is 50cm x 120cm. We sell it like this because of the postage costs really. Chalk cloth has to be handled carefully as if it is folded it will leave a permanent crease and be ruined.
Do you need any special equipment to sew it? Chalk cloth is a vinyl, so it is quite slippery. If you have a walking foot this is useful but not essential. I have used my regular sewing foot and needle with no issue.
What can I make with it?
1. My favourite by far, these gorgeous Chalkboard embroidery hoops!
Tutorial can be found here from Linda at burlap + blue
2. A perfect way to use up sraps of fabric & chalk cloth the Mini Message Bunting & Eraser tutorial
Tutorial can be found here from Sara at The Split stitch
3. Starting to make appearances everywhere is the Chalk Mat, but I like these ones as they are oilcloth ones. We have lots of new laminated fabrics coming in, including the Birds in Spring by Robert Kaufman.
Tutorial can be found here from Jessica and Little Pumpkin Grace
4. Going to a party? Make a personal gift tag for your present that can be reused!
Tutorial from Susan over at Momtastic
5. The chalk cloth cushion, be creative as you wan to be with this tutorial!
Kathy from Merrimentdesign's tutorial can be found here
Our chalkcloth can be found here, happy sewing & crafting!