Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday

Get your twirl on!
I have left this tutorial (seen left )open on my pc all week long not to just share it here but because I am longing to make it! If I had a little girl she would be wearing it already I bet!

Why do I love it?
1. It sets a bit of a challenge with those pleats!
2. It uses plain cottons! I am tempted to try it in a         print but the plains looks so good!
3. Plain cottons are really well priced at just $4 a half meter making this a very affordable project!



The tutorial can be found here on Sew Kate Sew's blog and it is guest posted by Jess from Craftiness is not Optional


My second favourite has been this one from Moda. Oh my gosh wearable bunting who would have thought! I wonder if this would work for an Adult size skirt! What do you reckon? ;)



This tutorial can be found here and is made by Ellen Baker from The Long Thread

And last but by no means least the Twirly Skirt! Cannot post a skirt link party without a twirly one! I love the colours in this skirt and that the casing at the top is in a co-ordinate, making it a feature rather than trying to hide it!

This tutorial can be found here from Erin Harris and this is her blog House on Hill Road . You have got to read her About me page! ♥ it!

If anyone beats me to that pleat skirt and pops a photo up on Facebook, I will send you 2 colours of homespun 1/2 meter each!

Please note the images in this post belong to the owners of the tutorials and blogs, please do not copy them without their permission. 

Happy Sewing!






6 comments:

  1. !!! AHHHH!!! That pleated skirt is beautiful!

    This post has just made me realise that I have a beautiful little girl and a sewing machine! i really need to get my skills up and get a stash happening to make these beautiful things!

    eeee!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally true Sophie and while they are little they need tiny clothes which use up tiny bits of fabric! Couldn't be a better time!
      I have a friend who uses a fat quarter to make skirts for her girls, by cutting it in half lengthways. sewing those two strips together to make a long strip, elastic and there you go! A cute skirt in minutes and for just $5!! Or less if you have FQ's already!

      Delete
  2. argh- girls have the cutest stuff.....
    If only I had girls to make it for!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be a charity set up for this mums with no girls, so we can sew for girls who have no mums!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Miriam. I would love some lessons from the master of making your own clothes esp dresses!

      Delete